Choosing the Best Commercial Garage Door for Your Company
Ensuring that you find the best commercial garage door for your company will take patience and research, as different doors benefit various industries. Keep reading to learn more about the different types of commercial garage doors to decide which one is the best fit for your business.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Commercial Garage Door
When it comes to choosing a garage door for your company, there are several factors to consider, such as price and the type of garage door. Other factors that you should think about when choosing a commercial garage door include:
- Door Material: The door material is not only important for appearance, but also for functionality. Stainless steel and steel doors provide much more insulation than fiberglass and aluminum doors.
- Energy Efficiency: By keeping warm air out during the summer and cold air out during the winter, this can greatly reduce your company’s monthly energy bills. Many garage doors come with energy efficiency guarantees.
- Maintenance: If you are choosing a door that needs preventative care, ensure that you have the time and expertise to perform the upkeep. A low-maintenance option may be more preferable for some businesses.
- Industry: When choosing which garage door is best for your company, the field you are in plays a large role. Some companies are more focused on business-to-business operations, while other companies need garage doors that are visually appealing and easily accessible to customers. For example, an automotive repair shop and a warehouse will have very different needs for garage doors.
- Security Features: Some commercial garage doors will include state-of-the-art security features, ranging from powered locks to scrambled opening codes.
Types of Commercial Garage Doors
There are three main types of commercial garage doors: sectional, overhead, and rolling. Each type has its own benefits and can be tailored to fit the exact needs of your company.
- Sectional Garage Door: These are the most popular type of commercial garage doors that are currently on the market. Made up of several panels that hinge together, this garage door is made to open and close with ease. Sectional garage doors are extremely versatile and can be made to fit almost any size opening. This type of garage door is excellent for buildings that experience high volumes of traffic and heavy machinery, such as transportation docks or warehouses.
- Overhead Garage Door: This type of commercial garage door is great for businesses that require a high level of security. Springs are used to help the doors open and close, meaning that they cannot be forced open from the outside. Overhead garage doors are also extremely energy efficient, as they tightly seal the opening to keep out drafts.
- Rolling Garage Door: If you are looking to save space, this is the option for you! Because the doors roll up into a compact coil above the opening, it does not take up any extra space when opened. Rolling garage doors are extremely durable, allowing them to withstand lots of wear and tear. These doors are often used for emergency fire exits in places, such as storage centers and large warehouses.
How Often Do Commercial Garage Doors Need to Be Serviced?
Commercial garage doors should be serviced by a garage door professional at least once a year. This helps to ensure that the garage doors are functioning properly. Service typically includes lubricating the garage door, checking the springs, and inspecting the tracks.
Are You Wondering What the Best Commercial Garage Door for Your Company Is?
Well, you’re in luck! Our team of experts can help you find the perfect garage door for your business. At The Garage Door Guy Corp, our team of experienced professionals is here to provide you with friendly service and to help with all of your commercial garage door needs.
We have locations all across Arkansas in Little Rock, Hot Springs Village, Hot Springs, Cabot, Sherwood, Jacksonville, Alexander, Malvern, and White Hall. Contact us at (501)412-2475 to schedule your appointment for your residential or commercial property today!
Leave a Comment